IT and Desktop Support Professional
Duties and Responsibilities:
- IT info structure and Data Center
- Monitor IT server and internal network
- Email Server management and DNS and IP allocations
- Interface with Vendors to resolve software and hardware issues.
- Internal Router configurations and switches
- Approx 250 Desktop with 60 servers responsibilities
- Deployments and working with remote hands for installations
- Valid Driver license
- After hours and on-call work
- Upgrades, Backup , Applications, Restorations
- Ordering new hardware
- New server set ups
Experience and Education
- Possess a diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant discipline (eg: Telecommunications or Information Technology)
- 3 Year of work experience
- Must have current CCNA certification or equivalent experience
- Must have Current MSCE certification or equivalent experience
- Should be familiar with LINUX and UNIX commands
- Functional PC Skills i.e. MS Word, MS Excel, Internet browsers, Outlook mail system, etc.
- Knowledge of network technology, architecture and elements, and an understanding of the associated interworkings.
- Knowledge of maintenance practices / routines on network elements.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of VoIP and QOS
- Understanding of TCP/IP, routing protocols, L2/L3 switches
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Hands-on experience with switchers, routers and firewalls (Cisco and Juniper)
- Experience with Windows 2000/XP/2003 desktop and server operating systems.
- Experience with MAC computers
- Support experience with Microsoft Office 2000/2003.
- Experience with Blackberry Handhelds
- Experience with Windows Mobile
- Working knowledge of various computer diagnostic utilities
About Frontier Networks
We are experts in voice and data connectivity managing critical connections to ensure your business thrives. Frontier Networks is a company of veteran telecommunication industry professionals who believe that connectivity is about more than wires and cables. Because we never lose sight of our ultimate aim – keeping people connected – we create network solutions that solve real world problems. Our clients-first attitude and relentless pursuit to create a better way, your better way, is what makes us distinctive in a sea of one-size-fits-all mentalities. We simplify connectivity, so you don’t have to.
Our services portfolio includes the following:
- cloud services
We have a large North American Client Base, International Reach and Network Points of Presence located in:
- New York
Working at Frontier Networks
At Frontier Networks, innovation and creativity keeps our projects changing and improving. Our consistency comes from our team of smart, amazing people who foster an environment of collaboration and fun.
Frontier Networks is not a conventional company, and we don’t intend to become one. Even as we continue to grow, we’re committed to retaining a small-company feel. At Frontier Networks, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our success. We provide individually-tailored compensation packages that can be comprised of competitive salary, and RRSP matching.
At Frontier Networks, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Frontier Networks is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
How to apply
Interested candidates, please e-mail your CV (in Word format or PDF), to firstname.lastname@example.org