Tier 3 Network Engineer
About Frontier Networks
Frontier Networks Inc. – Kipling and QEW, Close to Kipling Station TTC with access to Longbranch and Mimico (Toronto, Canada Area)
Frontier Networks is in the business of building Broadband infrastructure. We added Voice and Colocation to our portfolio over 24 months ago and today we have, by far, the largest network with the greatest overall reach – spanning Canada, The United States and the United Kingdom, with other markets developing within 30 days.
Our data center practice continues to grow, we are about to open our books on 10,000 sq/ft of additional data center space.
Frontier Networks is a ‘game changer’ in our industry – where others provide mediocre coverage, weak execution and ineffective support, Frontier excels with our 100% coverage connectivity solution that rivals everyone. Not to mention, our commitment to having customers experience our company’s culture.
Frontier Networks is a ‘game changer’ in our industry – where others provide mediocre coverage, weak execution and ineffective support, Frontier excels with our 100% coverage connectivity solution that rivals everyone. Plus our commitment to focus on customer experience
We provide seamless broadband connectivity, Virtual Private Networks, Voice over IP (VoIP) and security technologies that allow our customers to lower costs, increase security, enhance productivity – all with one support number.
Frontier is undergoing an exciting transformation. We have CLEC assets, a large IP backbone, amazing support and we are already passing over 300,000,000 minutes of VoIP / SIP minutes on our backbone every month. Our network reach is expanding internationally very shortly.
We have a large North American Client Base, International Reach and Network Points of Presence located in:
- New York
- London (UK)
- Sydney (Australia)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
It is a great place to work, your opportunity to learn and advance is no better anywhere else, and you will be surrounded by a team of really smart, energetic individuals — just like you.
- Maintain smooth operation of Core, Edge, Access & Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- In depth knowledge of and demonstrated experience with OSPF, BGP, & MPLS
- Preparation and execution of configuration changes
- Troubleshoot, classify and Correlate network incidents
- Act as a key escalation point to Tier 1-2
- Update and close required trouble tickets
- Change, incident, & Problem Management and ownership
- Join teleconferences to assist customer change or testing activity
- Step in as an incident manager during major network events
- Provide updates to the customer and respond to requests for information
Experience and Education
- Must be a Canadian Citizen with landed status and relevent local experience
- Knowledge in wireless WAN/LAN, VoIP Network and Voice equipment setup
- Provide training to Tier 1 and 2 staff
- Be able to use network management tools to perform daily monitoring and control of network managed elements in accordance with established procedures;
- Familiarity with network analysis tools
- Team player with good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent command of English
- Ideally 3-5 years’ experience in a Service Provider environment
- ITIL awareness
- Certified Cisco Certified Network Professional, Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional and/or proven equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience.